Douglas Electric Cooperative will award an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. for a local high school student for the Government-In-Action Youth Tour. The contest winner will join other students from Electric Cooperatives across Oregon. This will be an unforgettable look inside U.S. History and Government.
- The winner must be able to participate in the Youth Tour trip to Washington, D.C. on June 18-24, 2022.
- You must have completed your sophomore, junior or senior year of high school by June 2022.
- Live in the home of parent(s) or legal guardian(s) who is a current Douglas Electric member and whose primary residence is in Douglas Electric’s Service Territory.
- Submit a completed application form, two short essays, high resolution digital photo and one original letter of recommendation to DEC postmarked or emailed no later than midnight on February 18, 2022.
- Past Winners are not eligible.
For more details and to apply, please download the 2022 Youth Tour Application
Please contact Phil Bigler at 541-673-6616 ext. 230 or email@example.com with any questions.