Douglas Electric Cooperative, Inc. (DEC) has a job opening for a Journeyman Lineman to join one of our crews. We may consider a 5th or 6th step apprentice with hot sticking experience. This is a union position represented by the IBEW Local 659.
The position requires a highly-skilled, safety-oriented worker with a wide-ranging background in construction, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of overhead and underground power lines, with a mindset towards safety. Competitive wage and benefits are offered and DEC working hours recently switched to year-round 4 10-hour days Monday through Thursday.
Download an application below, fill it out, and email it to DEC.
DEC is a private, not-for-profit electric utility owned by the members it serves. It was established to provide its 10,000 members with the most reliable electric service at the lowest possible cost. DEC's service area covers 2200 square miles in western and northern Douglas County, with small portions in northeast and southeast Coos County and south Lane County.
Located in the heart of the land of Umpqua between Oregon’s Coast Range to the west and the Cascade Range to the east, Roseburg and the greater Umpqua Valley offer numerous opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. The area’s climate is temperate but still offers all 4 seasons of weather including warm dry summers and wet winters allowing for an abundance of outdoor recreation including incredible hunting and fishing opportunities, easy access to the dunes on the coast, as well as snowmobile trails to the east.
- Current wage is $51.41/HR but contract negotiations are ongoing and the new contract will go into effect July 1, 2022.
- 4 10-hour days work week.
- Medical/dental/vision benefits – individual or family coverage provided at no cost to the employee
- Above industry average paid time off allowance and will front load 80 hours for qualified journeyman lineman.
- 401(k) with a generous employer contribution
- Clothing Allowance - An annual clothing allowance is provided for the purchase of FR clothing.
- Tool Stipend - An annual tool stipend of $500 is provided.
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life
- Spouse & Child Life (optional)
- Short-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability